Friday, October 10, 2008

Soliciting some advice

If anybody reads this, I need some help. What do you use to plan your days/lives with? I currently just write what I need to do on a notepad widget on my Google homepage, and then as I accomplish things I delete them. However, I am desperate for a new method. Do you guys have actual planners? PDAs? IPhones? Normal calendars? I just need to find a good method where I can write everything down in day/week/month form. I would also like to be able to jot notes down and grocery lists and stuff. Maybe I just need a good calendar and a pad of paper. Franklin planners used to be the thing, but I'm pretty sure they went out with the 90s. Anyway, any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am ready to scream at my coupon printer. Have any of you guys been able to get it to work in Firefox? I absolutely despise Internet Explorer, but that's what I have had to use to print off all my coupons. Then a few months ago it started telling me that I needed to install the coupon printer even though I had already installed it and had been using it for a while. I re-installed it and no matter what I did it would always keep telling me that I needed to install it again. Regardless, I keep seeing great coupons and it is killing me that I can't print them off! Has anybody else had this issue or just me?

7 comments:

Becky said...

I got a Palm for our anniversay last March, and I use it for everything. I use it most to organize my weekly menu, write my grocery list, and keep track of my checkbook. Then, of course, I use it as my planner and address book. And I keep all my to-do lists and other lists on there. It is seriously my life! I would go crazy without it.

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to my ipod touch. I never used planners though. This semester I have too much going on so I realized I had to do something to stay organized. I swear I will never look back! It's perfect.. and it's so entertaining to us, I actually use it frequently. Quite a feat for me :)

- Sarah

Michelle said...

I haven't had that problem with my coupon printer. As far as the planner goes...the ipod touch looks awesome and I would love to have one but I don't. I just just google calendars or good old fashioned paper and pen, it works just as well.

Emily said...

I use my ipod touch and love it!

Jessica said...

Carlee, planners may have gone out, but that is what I use. Target has some really cute ones that come in all sizes and I do better when I actually write stuff down. I have a palm thingy, but it has to be charged frequently and I forget to use it. Also, I have the same problem with printing coupons! Lately my computer wont let me print anything. It keeps telling me that I've printed them as many times as I can, even if I've never printed them. Very frustrating!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Carlee--I am big on just a normal planner. I use the brand "at a glance" because I like the big months so I can put stuff on the calendar. It then has pages in the back that I make lists of what I need to do for the week. They are like $15 maybe so not bad for a whole year. I haven't tried my coupons lately but I have had that problem before. Hope you can decide what works best for you!

Megan said...

Yeah. So I use a notepad I have. How 90's is that? I don't think I have had a planner since they gave us the free ones in school. LOL. And I use my phone's calendar and notepad sometimes. I am of no help. Good luck to you. You need to share what you end up doing so I will have some suggestions when I finally update my life ;)

When I had my mom's lap top the coupons wouldn't work for the same reason...weird. But on our computer it does work....even more weird....