Monday, August 25, 2008

McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich


Ever since I was young and would walk around food courts in search of free samples, I've had a deep love for Chick-fil-A sandwiches. Chick-fil-A's chicken samples always seemed to hit the spot and their chicken sandwich is downright amazing! The combination of taste, texture, and dill pickles have made it my #1 chicken sandwich of choice for years now.

A few months ago I heard that McDonald's was coming out with a chicken sandwich aimed to rival my beloved Chick-fil-A sandwich, and they were gonna call it the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich. My skepticism was high. I mean, come on, it's McDonald's. They surely couldn't produce something that could even come close to rivaling a Chick-fil-A sandwich! Well, they ran a promotion on them one day so I tried one. And honestly, it tasted just like a Chick-fil-A sandwich to me. I'm not kidding. It was so good! The chicken was seasoned and cooked perfectly, the buns were soft, and the pickles...oh the pickles. Needless to say, I loved it. Some people will argue till their death bed that Chick-fil-A still produces the better sandwich, but I remain on the fence, because I honestly cannot tell much of a difference. Regardless, they are both terriffic sandwiches, and I hope to partake of both a lot more in the future.

So if you want to give the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich a try, here is a coupon for a free one when you buy a medium drink. It expires next week, so you'll have to act fast. Come back and let me know your thoughts about this Chick-fil-A vs. McDonald's throwdown.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I too had a coupon, bought a large drink (0.99 right now) and received my free sandwich. I didn't think to compare it to the Chick-fil-A sandwich until now. I think the Chick-fil-A wins hands down, though I may favor them over McDonald's because of my predisposed dislike of the restaurant. I think I'm too biased to judge. I had to ask for mayo, which I also do with the Chick-fil-A sandwich. It was pretty good and I would get it again, but I have to disagree on this one.

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ashlee,
I'm feeling rather foolish. I don't get why I can not tell much difference between the two. I am usually very good at discerning differences. I want to get somebody else's opinion now to see if I am just totally off my rocker on this one.

Megan said...

I can tell I am going to love this blog! Coupons and food - two of my favorite things! I just printed the coupon..most likely Ross will be using it. He really LOVES these sandwhiches. I have yet to try them. We were actually talking about them last night with our home teachers before I even read this post. Random? Maybe. But not for our family :)

Stacy said...

I would agree that they are similar, but I think that the Chick-fil-A sandwich tastes better, although I've only had the McDonald's one once, so I'll have to try it out again.

Cassi and Chadd said...

I'm kind of mad that Mcdonalds copies everyone and makes a lot of money--(especially when they copy chick-fil-a since they are obviously superior). But hey if it's free hook me up!